Sub Header

A site dedicated to my pursuit of purifying my ruh (Arabic word for spirit/soul) both inside and out with posts regarding exercise, healthy living, healthy food, and spiritual wellbeing. I hope this site may help others on their path to a healthy ruh!



Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Working the booty...

I worked out yesterday with my trainer and we focused on my legs/lower body. Unfortunately, despite my trainer's insistence that I stretch after my workouts (our sessions are 30 minutes consisting primarily of strength training) I of course forgot again, and am suffering the consequences today with a stiff booty, walking around like a fool with a limp. Of course...:). I'll learn my lesson one of these days...

However, so far over the last six months of having a trainer (since July 2010) I have noticed immense changes in my body in terms of having more strength and more stability due to stronger abs/quads/calves. I highly recommend getting a personal trainer to assist with strength training for strength training amateurs like myself who do not know where or how to begin adding strength training to their current exercise regimen.

In other exercise news, I recently bought a pair of Shape-Up sneakers by Skechers, which are sneakers with a large wedge on the bottom of the shoe that are supposed to tone your booty as you walk, and help you walk with better posture. I bought two pairs - one with a lower wedge for walking, and one with a slightly larger wedge for wearing to work. I'm a nurse in a busy ICU so I frequently spend most of my 12 hour shifts on my feet. I'm still getting used to walking over a hump so to speak, but overall the sneaks are extremely comfortable and have eliminated my issues with wearing my worn out sneaks that did not provide adequate arch support.

I've also started a new healthy diet routine, where I never skip breakfast and I eat within an hour of waking up. My body has quickly gotten used to this new routine, such that even on my days off work where I do not have to wake up at 5:30, I wake up automatically around 6 or 7 due to hunger pains because my body is yelling at me 'feed me!'. I also make sure I eat at least every 4-5 hours, and do not skip a meal. That, plus drinking more water, and eating more fruits/veggies have given me a huge energy boost in recent weeks, and I have noticed that I am able to exercise longer and harder.

Will update later folks! For those of you also on that healthy eating/exercise path, keep working that booty! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment